This NORDTEST method is used to test the technical performance of room air cleaners which are provided with fibrous or electrostatic filters. It contains tests for:
1. Filtration efficiency of the filter.
2. Air volume flow through the equipment.
3. Equivalent clean air production which can be determined
instead of the removal efficiency and volume flow.
4. Outflow profile of the equipment.
5. Noise properties of the equipment.
6. Impurity gas production of the equipment.
The air cleaners designed for public and industrial rooms are excluded.